Home

Weekly Update

What I worked on:

Most of the week was spent on internal projects, helping out with a few different things. I'm getting ramped up on Qwilr, a tool used to create sales proposals, we'll see how that goes. I was also able to spend some more time on my Rails OAuth wrapper app. I attempted to use a few different gems but things got too gunked up so I nuked it and started over. I tried using the Basecamp OAuth gem which seemed to have some good documentation, but something isn't wired up because Google is complaining i'm not passing the client_id along with the login request. I'll have to troubleshoot that next week.

What I learned:

Nothing of note at work this week, however I did some more experimentation working on the basement, and am getting a better feel for mudding drywall. I think my mix has been too solid, I tried adding more water today and it went much smoother. Despite this being my first major renovation I'd say its gone rather smoothly, I only have a few tape blisters here and there.

Positive notes:

The basement project is full steam ahead. The hardest part so far is just mudding the ceiling joints, I haven't done any significant work over my head in years, so my shoulders and neck are killing me. Thankfully I don't have to get everything done in one shot, however all the wall tape is done, I'm just down to the ceiling butt joints. Not looking forward to those this weekend.

Previous PostWeekly Update Next PostLEGO ISS